Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year Resolutions and Such

15-2 Shooter, 6"x6"
It's that time of year!  Time for New Year Resolutions.  Here are mine:

  1. Paint MORE:  I want to do 300 paintings this year. That's my goal!
  2. Blog MORE:  I'm not going to try for 7 days a week - I'm going to try to blog at least 4 days a week.  Doable, right?
  3. Exercise MORE:  I got a Jawbone for Christmas from Jeff and I'm thinking this is going to help me.  I need to get more active!
  4. Organize my paintings better (note new names - year followed by the chronological order of the painting)
All of those seem doable.  I'm not shooting for blogging every day or painting 365 days.  Heck, there are some days I can do 5 paintings in one day which gives me some time off!  I can do this. And exercise more - I can do it!

Ok, enough of that.  What are some of your resolutions?  

I recently saw Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. I signed up and today was the first day.  I figure it will be a great way to start the year off right.  I started with Shooter (6x6 Oil on gessobord) pictured above and I spent half the day cursing myself for not doing something much more simple for the first day, but finally finished this evening.  Tomorrow's painting will be much more simple as it is back to the day job so I will either complete the painting in the early AM or in the evening.  Not sure which!
15-1 Joey, 8"x10"

I also finished Joey today!  Isn't he a gorgeous horse??  Recently I donated a custom pet portrait to a charity silent auction at work and a co-worker bid and won.  I fell in love with Joey as soon as I saw his photos.  You can't see it here, but he has the kindest face and eyes you'll ever see.  




Iko and "cousin" Victor were relaxing this AM and looking way too cute for their own good.  Jeff and Franklin were sleeping off the previous evening.  I'm sure Jeff will kill me for posting this photo.  We'll see if he actually reads the blog!



I also just realized I never made the announcement about the drawing for the free painting and here's why.  I need help finding my follower email list!  yikes.  Anyway, I didn't want to do the drawing until I made sure I had everyone, so I'll figure it out tomorrow and announce the winner!

Happy happy 2015 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment