Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 6 of 30 in 30 and Flying the Friendly Skies

15-7 Calm Before the Storm Redux
As I'm typing this, I'm probably about 40,000 feet above Virginia (hi Tim & Tara!).  I love technology!  I'm flying to Florida for a quick day job trip and was up early (4:30) to catch my flight.  The pups all woke up of course and wanted to follow me downstairs, which probably means Jeff woke up too.  Sorry Jeff!

Calm Before the Storm Redux is a smaller take on a 16x20 I painted early last year.  This one is only 6x6 and is oil on gessobord.  I enjoyed painting this subject again - I love painting clouds.  I also enjoyed painting this in smaller format.  I wasn't sure exactly how it woould come out.

And no, I did not paint this today.  I actually painted about 4 extra paintings over the weekend knowing that I wouldn't have a chance to paint while in Florida.  Happy Tuesday all!

2 comments:

  1. wowsa! Love the sunset and the cloulds! You did an amazing job of this!

    ReplyDelete