Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 18 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

<
15-18 Sunny Faces, Acrylic on hardboard 6x6

As if the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge isn't challenging enough, I decided I wanted to further challenge myself to loosen up my brushwork.  The past couple days I've been focusing on flowers in between working on some commissions.  I figured flowers were a good subject to try some loser techniques on.  I focused more on capturing the colors and light rather than focusing on detail.  So far, I'm enjoying it!

We were supposed to go to Newport today for brunch, however, freezing rain this morning kept us at home.  Considering I think almost every highway in the state was closed at one point due to accidents and the airport shut down, I feel we made the right choice.  Newport maybe later this week since we both have the week off.

No comments:

Post a Comment