Friday, November 21, 2014

Jenny's Garden and Norwich Arts Centre Holiday Show

Jenny's Garden - 24"x30" oil on canvas 
Today I finished Jenny's Garden.  I had gotten a bit stuck on this one and couldn't get it where I wanted it and finally after painting some olives and such, I was able to get back on track.  My favorite part is the shadows in the foreground.  

The "real" Jenny's garden is a sight to behold, especially in August which is when I spent some time taking these photos.  There were so many I had a hard time choosing, but I know this birdhouse has special meaning and I really liked the composition. 




Tomorrow I drop off 6 12" and under paintings at the Norwich Arts Center.  I have about 18 I picked out, so I still need to figure out which six will go!  Anyway, come down and see all the great art and do some holiday shopping as well.  What a great way to spend Small Business Saturday - or even Black Friday.  Downtown Norwich has a lot to offer.  Hours for the NAC during December are as follows:

Extended Holiday Gallery Hours December 4 thru December 22: Wednesdays through Saturdays 12-4pm.  Open Sundays Dec 7, 14 & 21 from 12-4pm. Need a special night to come with friends? Call and they will open!  More information is on the NAC website which you can go to by clicking the logo.

Here are two fun photos to make you smile.  One is of Stella making herself comfy on the couch and the other is of Deoje (pronounced D-O-G), our orange tabby.  Hehas found a new bed. I don't have he heart to move the laundry basket!






No comments:

Post a Comment